Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of our wonderful tenants!
This year has brought strong winds, overwhelming heat, wildfires, and a demanding market. Now, it’s that time of year when the Central Oregon weather starts the day with sunshine and ends with two feet of snow. We wanted to send out some general, and wintertime information so that we are all as prepared as possible for this season.
- We are now offering remote gate access via your cell phones for a small monthly fee of $5. You can open and close the gates via your phone, and avoid rolling down your window or leaving your motorhome to punch in your code. Give us a call to learn more.
- We have noticed more trash and belongings left on the property. We strive to keep a clean and debris-free lot and ask that you please refrain from littering or abandoning your belongings on the property.
- There is not a dumpster for tenant usage on-site. Any dumpsters that may be on-site are being stored there by other tenants and are not for public use. Please do not dispose of or leave any trash, debris or abandoned belongings in those containers or anywhere else on the property.
- If you have beverages, snacks, or other small trash, you are welcome to use the trash receptacle in the office, if available. Otherwise, please take your trash with you and dispose of off-site in a proper receptacle.
- If you have tarps or covers on your vehicle/ trailer, please check your space periodically, and make sure they are tied down securely, as they do blow off. If you have not visited your space recently, we encourage you to check your space as soon as possible. Any loose tarps on the lot that we are unable to identify, will be disposed of.
- Please do not leave any loose items on the ground of your parking space. All items must be secured inside of your vehicle/ trailer.
- Please avoid a tailgating fee by always punching in your gate code, or using our new phone app when entering and exiting through the gates. Do not follow someone through the entry or exit gate, without doing so. However, a friend or family member visiting the same unit, may follow you through the gate without re-entering your code.
Our goal is to keep the facility accessible for all tenants at all times. There are some scenarios out of our control but we will do our best to handle anything that comes up, as quickly as possible.
- We do plow snow on both the unit lot and the RV parking lot.
- We do not shovel out individual parking spaces in the RV lot. If you are planning to park your trailer after a big snow, please plan to clear out the space yourself. If you are planning to remove your trailer after a big snow, please plan to clear the area from the aisle to your tongue and any maneuvering space you need.
- There may be some restrictions on access during extreme weather. If you come while we are plowing, and equipment is working on your aisle, you may have to wait for them to finish. Our lots are fully fenced, which means that we have to first pile the snow up and then remove it. As we are plowing, there may be snow piles at the ends of the buildings, along the fencing, or in the center of the RV turnaround area, which could restrict the maneuvering space available for long trucks or trailers. We will get this cleared as soon as we can.
- Please note that during extreme weather, we may close our office and work remotely.
- Please feel free to call us about the condition of our lot before visiting.
- Be prepared. Grab wintertime essentials from your storage unit as soon as possible. Snow shovel, roof rake, winter clothes, snow tires/ chains, recreational items, etc. Keep warm clothes in your car. Make sure your phone stays charged, and have a plan on who you will call if you need help.
- If you have not done so already, please add our numbers to your phone as well:
- North Empire Storage Center Office: 541-330-1111
- Emergency Phone: 541-815-9058
- Use your best judgement. In any extreme weather, limit your trips to what is necessary.
- We implore you to please be realistic. If the streets by your home or office are sheeted with ice, please don’t expect the aisles in the facility to be dry. If your vehicle got stuck leaving your driveway, please don’t expect to cruise through our gravel parking area unhindered.
- As always, you are responsible for your vehicle. Our office staff does not put on chains, pull cars out, or pay for vehicles to be towed. We will do our best to have the lot cleared as quickly as possible, but please remember that you are responsible for your vehicle, any damage caused by your vehicle, and keeping your vehicle from blocking others’ access. If you do find yourself in an emergency however, let us know and we will do our best to help.
We appreciate you taking the time to read through this letter, and for preparing now for the winter season. Our staff and snow crew will do our very best to provide continued access to your unit and parking spaces, and thank you now for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
We wish everyone a safe and happy winter season!
North Empire Storage Center
63048 NE Lower Meadow Dr
Bend, OR 97701